Friday, May 11, 2012

Empties – products I’ve used up

My New Year resolution took a while to get going but I’m finally getting some result with this ‘using things up’ business. Using up makeup, as I found out along the way, is incredibly difficult but thankfully skincare gives a lot of satisfaction.

Here what I used up during the month of April:



Oilatum Natural repair face cream
I believe this is my third tube so far, that’s how much I love this moisturizer. It was created for sensitive and very dry skin, but is still very light and perfect to use in the morning underneath foundation. Since I started using this I noticed a huge improvement in my skin: no more flakey areas and I find that my blemishes heal faster. Definitely recommended if you can get hold of it.

Liz Earle Superskin concentrate roll-on
This serum is completely jam packed with vitamins and natural oils to deeply moisturize and nourish the skin. It lasted literally ages – 4 months and then some – and I really enjoyed using it, but I can’t wait to go back to my true love, the Estee Lauder Advanced night repair. You know when you love something but you just need to change and try something new? There.
A very good serum, but I’m not ready to leave the old road for a new one yet.

Caudalie Vinosource  Moisturizing sorbet
Got this sample in my march Glossybox and I loved it. It has the most compelling fragrance ever and despite being very light, it’s really moisturizing. I literally squeezed the tube dry and got enough for 15 to 20 uses, waking up everyday with tight, healthy skin. It was so good I actually ran to my trusty pharmacy to purchase it, but I let the saleswoman fool me into purchasing the old version – ‘same product, old packaging’ she said -. Anyways, I’m trying to be a patient girl and finish up this sad-smelling moisturizer I’m stuck with and finally grab the right Sorbet.

MAC Prep + prime Skin refined zone
I mentioned this in a previous post so I’m not going to ramble about it again. I’m so glad it’s gone tho, and it’ll make itself more useful for a Back2MAC – I’m thinking Chatterbox or Vegas Volt; any suggestion? -.

MAC Mineralize charged water moisture eye cream
Never been a huge fan of MAC skincare line – tends to be expensive and quite disappointing -, but this boy here was worth every penny – so worth actually that I already attacked the second jar -. It makes for a good makeup base during the day, light and not greasy, and a bigger amount works a charm for the night time. No more puffiness and fine lines due to dryness and definitely better looking dark circles.

That’s it for this past month. Not bad, uh?
Keep me posted on what you’ve been loving or finishing up lately.

***


C’è voluto un po’ perchè questo proposito del nuovo anno ingranasse, ma finalmente questa faccenda del ‘finire i prodotti iniziati prima di comprarne altri’ sta cominciando a dare i suoi frutti.
Finire il makeup, come ho scoperto strada facendo, è incredibilmente difficile, ma fortunatamente creme e cremine danno un po’ di soddisfazione.

Questi sono i prodotti che ho terminato ad Aprile:

Oilatum Natural repair face cream
Credo che questo sia il mio terzo tubetto, a dimostrazione di quanto mi piaccia questo idratante. E’ stato formulato principalmente per le pelli sensibili e molto secche, ma è comunque molto leggero e perfetto da usare al di sotto del fondotinta. Da quando ho inziato ad usarlo ho notato un netto miglioramento della qualità dell’incarnato: le aree secche e la a disquamazione sono sparite e brufoletti e cicatrici guariscono più in fretta. Decisamente raccomandato se riuscite a trovarlo in farmacia.

Liz Earle Superskin concentrate roll-on
Questo siero è pianissimo di vitamine ed oli naturali per nutrire ed idratare la pelle in profondità. E’ durato letteralmente un’eternità – 4 mesi ed una manciata di giorni – e mi è piaciuto molto, ma non vedo l’ora di tornare al mio vecchio amore, l’Advanced night repair di Estee Lauder. Sapete come ci si sente quando si ama una cosa, ma si muore dalla voglia di provare qualcosa di diverso? Ecco.
Un ottimo siero senza dubbio, ma non mi ha convinta ad abbandonare la vecchia strada per la nuova.

Caudalie Vinosource  Moisturizing sorbet
Ho ricevuto questo campioncino nella Glossybox di Marzo e l’ho adorato. La profumazione è semplicemente deliziosa e, nonostante la texture leggera, è molto idratante. Ho letteralmente spremuto il tubetto fino all’ultima goccia e sono riuscita ad utilizzarlo per una quindicina di giorni, svegliandomi ogni mattina con una pelle soda e dall’aspetto sano. In realtà mi è piaciuta così tanto da correre in farmacia ad acquistare il full size, ma mi sono fatta convincere dalla commessa ad acquistare la vecchia versione – ‘stesso prodotto, vecchio packaging’ mi ha detto -. Comunque, sto cercando di fare la brava e pazientemente terminare la crema triste e senza profumazione che ho acquistato, per poi correre a comprare il giusto Sorbetto.

MAC Prep + prime Skin refined zone
Ho già parlato di questo prodotto in un post recente, quindi non mi ci soffermerò più di tanto. Vi basti soltanto sapere che sono felicissima che sia finalmente finito, perché ‘in vita’ ha combinato ben poco ma ora potrò utilizzarlo per un bel Back2MAC – sto considerando Vegas Volt oppure Chatterbox; avete qualche raccomandazione? -.

MAC Mineralize charged water moisture eye cream
Non sono mai stata una grande fan della linea skincare di MAC – di norma tende ad essere piuttosto costosa e molto deludente -, ma questo signorino qui valeva ogni centesimo – tanto che ho già attaccato il secondo barattolo -. In piccole quantità è perfetto come base sotto il trucco di giorno, perchè idrata in profondità senza ungere, ed in dosi più generose diventa una fantastica crema contorno occhiper la notte. Elimina il gonfiore e le rughette di espressione causate dalla secchezza e, grazie all’effetto illuminante, le occhiaie non sembrano poi così terribili.

Questo è tutto per il mese di Aprile. Niente male, uh?
Aggiornatemi sui prodotti che avete amato o terminato ultimamente.

0 comments:

Post a Comment