Monday, April 8, 2013

Tag: The most oftens


I really enjoy posts like this or 'products I've used up' kinda videos 'cause you get to see what people actually use in real life and not simply test for blogging purposes. Personally I try out a lot of things but not many products end up in my daily makeup bag or I'd purchase again once I've finished them up. This post/tag features some of my everyday makeup bits, the fail-proof products I reach for when I'm in a hurry or when I know I'm going to stay out all day with next to nothing chances for touch-ups and I need to know for sure they're going to stay in place and do their job.

001. Foundation
Usually I'm so changeable when it comes to foundations, but since I purchased it I've been wearing the Laura Mercier Silk crème foundation every single day without fail. It looks so nice, glowy and healthy, lasts all day on my skin and the color match was made in heaven. Dear Sheer glow, you've been deposed.

002. Concealer
Lately I've been trying tons of different under-eye concealers, but OCC Skin concealer has been a staple in my routine for months now. Almost full coverage, natural looking and long lasting. I can't leave without it anymore.

003. Setting powder
Clarins Ever matte powder, which I recently reviewed here, kicked MAC MSF natural out of my makeup bag after a four-years-long love story. It's demi-matte but so natural and I know that is going to make my foundation and concealer look perfect all day, without need for touch-ups.

004. Blush
Deep throat is my favorite blush of all time. The shade is perfect for my skin tone; it's not too pink or too orange therefore it complements both cool toned and warmer looks. NARS says Orgasm is the universally flattering shade, but I'd pick Deep throat over it any day.

005. Eye primer
Eye basics in Flax is the perfect mix of a primer and a light concealer: makes any eyeshadow last all day and corrects any discoloration with a lovely satin finish that looks like skin. So much better than more famous primers on the market.

006. Palette
Urban decay Naked palette is the kind of product I have to hide from time to time because I tend to reach for it everyday therefore neglecting the rest of my collection but somehow it sneaks back into my makeup bag every single time.

007. Eyeshadow
Alone as a wash of color; in the crease paired with Naked lunch; smoked out with Quarry; Satin taupe is one of the prettiest, most versatile eyeshadows out there, period.

008. Cream eyeshadow
On and on bronze has quickly become one of my everyday staples. I used it as a base under powder eyeshadows or alone ad a wash of color. It looks great paired with bright lipsticks because it gives definition without competing with the bold lip.

009. Mascara
Larger than life volumizing is my favorite mascara of all time. Holds the curl all day even on my stubborn, straight lashes, it's easily buildable and doesn't flake or budge no matter what.

010. Lipgloss/lipstick
I adore the ultra glossy and moisturizing formula of YSL Sheer candies. The lightest shades are practically invisible but #6 and #7 are quite pigmented and give that 'I just ate a basket of cherries' kinda look. And the smell is simply gorgeous.

What are your most used products?
If you are going to do this tag be sure to live a link to your post in the comment section below. I'd love reading your answers.

***

Oggi una tag molto carina per la quale sono stata taggata da What's in my bag e da The sweet beauty. Trovo questo genere di post, così come i vari video sui prodotti finiti, molto utile perchè mostrano i prodotti che vengono effettivamente utilizzati quotidianamente e magari riacquistati una volta terminati, e non solo semplicemente testati a scopi recensivi per il blog. Questi sono i prodotti che sono entrati di diritto nella mia trousse e che uso più spesso, quando magari ho poco tempo per prepararmi oppure quando so che resterò fuori tutto il giorno con scarse possbilità per eventuali ritocchi ed ho bisogno di certezze.

001. Fondotinta
Di solito per quanto riguarda il fondotinta mi piace cambiare di continuo, saltando di finish in finish e variando la coprenza a seconda dello stato della mia pelle e di come mi sento in quella particolare giornata. Invece, sin da quando l'ho acquistato, ho indossato il Silk crème di Laura Mercier ogni giorno immancabilmente. Adoro il finish, naturale e radioso, la durata eccezionale ed il colore che è assolutamente perfetto per me. Carissimo Sheer glow, sei stato detronizzato.

002. Correttore
Ultimamente sto testando diversi correttori copri-occhiaie ma per quanto riguarda le imperfezioni l'OCC Skin concealer è un punto saldo della mia routine da mesi ormai. Quasi a coprenza totale, ha una durata strepitosa ed un finish completamente naturale. Ormai non posso più farne a meno.

003. Cipria
La polvere Ever matte di Clarins, che ho recensito di recente, ha ormai preso il posto dell'MSF natural di MAC che è stata la mia polvere preferita per anni. Il finish è semi-opaco ma molto naturale, quasi satinato, e so che quando la uso il mio makeup sarà perfetto da mattina a sera, senza bisogno di ritocchi.

004. Blush
Deep throat di NARS è il blush perfetto per la mia carnagione, non troppo arancione e non troppo rosa, e per questo si sposa benissimo sia con look dai toni freddi sia con il makeup dai toni caldi. NARS sostiene che Orgasm sia il blush universale, che dona a tutti, ma secondo me Deep throat lo batte a mani basse.

005. Primer occhi
Eye basics in Flax di Laura Mercier mi piace molto di più delle varie Primer potion e Shadow insurances, perchè unisce i benefici di un primer favoloso dal finish satinato e la coprenza necessaria a contrastare eventuali discromie. E' come un ibrido tra un primer e Soft ocre paint pot di MAC, ma molto più leggero e setoso.

006. Palette
Per la serie  'a volte ritornano'. La Naked di Urban decay è uno di quei prodotti che devo estrarre a forza dalla mia makeup bag e nascondere per non entrare in un circolo vizioso ed utilizzare il resto degli ombretti che possiedo. Ma sistematicamente riesce ad intrufolarsi di nuovo nella mia trousse come se fosse dotata di vita propria.

007. Ombretto
Da solo su tutta la palpebra; nella piega per accompagnare Naked lunch; per uno smokey look con Quarry; Satin taupe è uno degli ombretti più belli e versatili della mia collezione. Lo adoro.

008. Ombretto in crema
On and on bronze è ormai entrato a far parte della mia routine quotidiana, sia usato come base per altri ombretti, sia da solo per un trucco semplice e veloce. Il bronzo antico che si accompagna perfettamente ai rossetti più accesi, creando definizione ma senza appesantire o competere con un trucco labbra deciso.

009. Mascara
Il mio mascara preferito di sempre, che ha scalzato l'Aqua smoky di MUFE in poche passate. Larger than life mantiene la piega tutto il giorno senza irrigidire le ciglia, è facilmente modulabile e non si muove di un millimetro anche nelle giornate più calde o umide.

010. Rossetto/Gloss
Adoro la formula idratante ed ultra glossy dei Sheer candy di YSL. Gli altri colori sono quasi invisibili ma il #6 ed il #7 hanno una buona coprenza e donano un look da 'ho appena mangiato un cestino di ciliegie'. Ed il profumo è assolutamente meraviglioso.

Quali sono i prodotti che utilizzate di più?
Taggo So colorful, Wanted makeup, Drama&Makeup, Makeup for breakfast, Diario di un'ex stacanovista Misato, A colorfulmess, Make-up-deer, Kenderasia e chiunque voglia buttarsi. Ricordatevi di linkarmi i vostri post nei commenti o su Facebook, che sono curiosa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment