Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Budget Buy: Bourjois Cream Blushes

 
Bourjois Cream Blush #01 Nude Velvet // #02 Healthy Glow // #03 Rose Tender // #04 Sweet Cherry
Isn't it beautiful when something purchased on a whim turns out to be amazing?
Despite having heard a lot of nice things about the latest Bourjois release, I was still on the fence about these beauties - I wasn't sure I could fit another cream blush in my stash to be completely honest - but when Asos put them on offer I knew it was time to take a leap of faith and I'm so glad I did. It turned out not only I did need one of these blushes in my life but actually I needed them all. Oh so naughty.

The Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blushes (£7.99) are a dream to work with: they blend so well, go on really nicely and are easily buildable for statement looks. The cream-to-powder finish reminds me of the NARS formula, only the texture here is creamier and less thick and for that so much easier to apply. The beautiful skin-like finish is extremely natural and flattering and the lasting power is really good, but most products tend to last a long time on me anyways, so I might not be the best judge in this case. They're best applied with a buffing brush or a blender sponge, but fingers will do all the same.
They're available in 4 pretty shades but I hope the range will include some brights in the future as well. Keep in mind I am as pale as living things can go and while these blushes look lovely on my porcelain skin they might get lost on deeper complexions.
Healthy Glow 02 is probably the most popular shade and the first one I picked. Is a pale coral that would suit most skin tones and as the name suggests gives a natural, healthy glow to the skin. Bonne mine look enthusiasts like me will love Nude Velvet 01 as much as I do: it's the most perfect nude blush with just the right amount of pink but verging slightly on the peach side. It's simple but so pretty nonetheless.
I usually stay clear of pale pinks as, save for a few exceptions, they tend to look a bit artificial on me and bring out the redness in my skin, however Rose Tender 03 is a great pick-me up pink, fresh and so cheering. It's a touch shimmery in the pan but the silver sparkles are pretty much undetectable on the cheeks.
Last but not least Sweet Cherry 04 is a medium reddish pink with a hint of plum, which provides a lovely Snow white flush. It might actually be my favourite of the bunch and I can tell is going to be a staple of mine for the cooler months to come.

Bourjois is quickly becoming one of the most exciting brands on the market, don't you think? Have you tried these blushes? What's your favourite shade?

***

Non è bellissimo quando un prodotto comprato d'impulso si dimostra fantastico?
Nonostante avessi già letto alcuni commenti positivi sull'ultima proposta Bourjois, ero ancora in dubbio sull'acquisto - il mio primo problema riguardava il mio cassetto strabordante di blush ed il dubbio che potesse contenerne ancora - ma quando Asos li ha messi in saldo ho deciso di buttarmi e sono felicissima di averlo fatto. Non solo ho scoperto che avevo davvero bisogno di uno di questi blush nella mia vita, ma che in realtà mi servivano tutti. Sono pessima.

I Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blushes (€10.40) sono un sogno da applicare: si sfumano bene, si applicano facilmente ed è possibile intensificare il colore per un effetto deciso. Il finish cream-to-powder mi ricorda quello dei blush in crema di NARS, ma la texture è più cremosa e meno densa e per questo si sfumano molto più facilmente. L'aspetto finale è molto naturale, come pelle, e la durata è ottima, ma tenete presente che su di me quasi tutti i prodotti hanno una buona durata, per cui potrei non essere il miglior giudice in questo senso. Trovo che un pennello denso per il fondotinta o una spugna blender siano gli strumenti migliori per applicarli, ma anche le dita permettono di ottenere ottimi risultati.
Al momento sono disponibili in quattro colori; un po' pochini, è vero, ma spero che presto il range verrà arricchito da altre tonalità più accese. Tenete in mente che sono color obitorio, per cui sebbene questi blush si adattino perfettamente al mio incarnato di porcellana, potrebbero risultare pressochè invisibili sulle carnagioni più scure.
Healthy Glow 02 è forse la tonalità più popolare, la prima che ho comprato e nonchè la causa degli acquisti successivi. E' un corallo chiaro piuttosto universale, che, come suggerisce il nome, dona un colorito salutare e radioso alle guance. Le fan del look bonne mine senz'altro ameranno Nude Velvet 01 almeno quanto me: è il blush nude per eccezione, con un tocco di rosa ma leggeramente tendente al pesca. E' semplice ma non per questo meno grazioso.
Di solito cerco di stare alla larga dai blush rosa chiari perchè, salvo rare eccezioni, sembrano molto artificiali su di me e  tendono ad accentuare i rossori tipici delle pelli più chiare; Rose Tender 03 invece è un favoloso rosa 'tiramisù', fresco ed allegro. La calda è lievemente perlata ma l'iridescenza argentata si nota appena sulle guance.
Ultimo ma non meno importante Sweet Cherry 04, un rosa-rosso medio con una punta di prugna, perfetto per guance da Biancaneve. Credo proprio che sia quello che preferisco dei 4 e so già che avrà un posto fisso nella mia makeup bag per la stagione fredda in arrivo.

Bourjois sta diventando uno dei marchi più interessanti sul mercato, non vi pare? Avete provato questi blush? Qual è il vostro preferito?
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment