Monday, October 28, 2013

The Haul: A Little Bit Of MAC

MAC Mineralize Concealer NC15 // MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Stormy Pink, Camel Coat & Perky //  MAC Lipstick in Plumful // MAC RiRi Hearts Powder Blush in Bad Girl Gone Good
I'm basically physically incapable of resisting a trip to MAC. I mean, no. I can't pass it up. 
So whenever someone asks if I'm up for a quickie to the closest store, I try to play it cool while I mentally fist-pump and get ready to pull out my wallet. Because one does not simply walk into MAC without buying anything. That would be plain rude. The day this haul happened I walked in with a couple of purchases in mind and, as it always happens, I marched out with four other things in my shopping bag. Bless.

I'm on the market for a liquid concealer to include in my pro kit and a couple of fellow makeup artists have recommended the MAC Mineralize Concealer (£16.50). This concealer in nice and light on the skin, with buildable coverage and a radiant finish that looks luminous and natural without actually highlighting imperfections. The formula is quite moisturizing and slightly filling, which means it works well on dry skins and mature ones as well. Also it looks like the shade range may run slightly lighter than usual, which is good for very fair complexions as sometimes NC15 is still a bit too dark. I'm still testing it out but so far I really like it.

Weirdly enough I didn't ended up buying any powder eyeshadow this time but I made up for it by picking up 3 of the newest MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots (£15). These are permanent so there was no hurry, however once I swatched them I couldn't simply leave them alone. I was already a fan of the basic ones but I really like this improved version and the color range is oh so pretty. I picked up Camel Coat, which I'd describe as a trench coat kind of shade rather than camel; anyways, it's a nice creamy beige, perfect to give definition to fair complexions, to neutralize any pigmentation on the lid or just as a base, for subtle smokey looks. Stormy Pink is a creamy mauve with a bit of a mushroom undertone, if that even makes sense. It's a very sophisticated shade and I can see it work wonderfully on its own or paired with plums and purples. At last, I grabbed Perky on a whim. I don't usually wear corals on my eyelids but there's something about this shade I can't quite put my finger on. It's just really pretty, I guess, especially if you like an effortless, bonne mine look like I do now and then. I dare to say it could even work as a blush but don't quote me on that.

I spoke about the MAC RiRi Hearts Powder Blush in Bad Girl Gone Good (£20) in my latest wishlist post and as you can tell I caved in and bought it. I'm so glad I did of course, it's just as pretty as I expected and then some. The packaging is the tackiest thing but the blush itself is worth a little cringing: it's a lovely coppery peach that gives the most amazing lit-from-within glow to my pale skin. It's limited edition and is selling out fast, even if not as fast as the rest of the collection, so there's still chance for you to find it somewhere.

Lastly, I back-2-MACed - don't you just love getting free lipsticks? I most certainly do - 6 empties for a lipstick I've had in my wishlist for the longest time. MAC Plumful (£15) is a medium pink with plum undertones, which gives that I-just-ate-a-handful-of-berries kind of look. Although the finish is sheer, it gives plenty of colour to the lips; the wear time is decent given the moisturizing formula and it fades evenly throughout the day. Plumful is a safe way to approach the berry lips trend without going too overboard but it's also a very pretty shade for any occasion and I think it would suit many skin tones.

Have you tried any of these products?

***

In pratica sono fisicamente incapace di dire no ad una visita a MAC. No, sul serio. Non ci riesco.
Quindi ogni volta che qualcuno suggerisce di fare una capatina nello store più vicino cerco di mantenere il contegno mentre internamente esulto e mi preparo a tirare fuori il portafoglio. Perchè non si può andare da MAC e non comprare niente. Sarebbe francamente scortese. Quando ho fatto questi acquisti avevo in mente giusto un paio di cose da comprare - incluse le spugnette di lattice che non ho fotografato perchè, diciamocelo, chissene frega delle spugnette di lattice - ma come sempre succede sono uscita dal negozio con altre 4 cose nella busta. E che ci volete fare.

Sono alla ricerca di un correttore liquido per il kit ed un paio di colleghe makeup artist mi hanno consigliato il MAC Mineralize Concealer (€21.17). La texture di questo correttore è super leggera, con coprenza discreta e facile da intensificare, soprattutto grazie al finish luminoso che dona un aspetto molto naturale. La formula è idratante e leggermente riempitiva, ed è quindi perfetta sia per le pelli secche sia per quelle mature. Tra l'altro mi sembra che il range di tonalità sia più chiaro di quello standard dei correttori MAC, gran cosa per chi di solito deve mischiare due colori o per chi è più chiaro del NC15. Lo sto ancora testando ma per il momento mi piace parecchio.

Strano ma vero, questa volta non ho comprato ombretti in polvere ma mi sono rifatta acquistando 3 dei nuovi MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots (€19.66). Sono permanenti, per cui non c'era fretta, ma dopo averli swatchati non ho saputo resistere. Ero già una fan dei Paint Pot normali ma mi piace questa nuova versione ed era ora che la gamma di colori fosse aggiornata. Ho preso Camel Coat, che più che un cappotto di cammello mi ricorda un trench; è un beige chiaro, perfetto per dare definizione alle pelli chiare, per coprire eventuali discromie della palpebra e da usare come base per look tono su tono. Stormy Pink è un malva cremoso con un sottotono grigio talpa. E' un colore davvero sofisticato, perfetto per questa stagione e lo vedo bene da solo ed accompagnato ad ombretti viola e prugna. Infine, un po' d'impulso, ho preso anche Perky. Di solito non indosso coralli sulla palpebra ma c'è un certo non so che in questo colore che me l'ha fatto amare subito. E' il colore perfetto per chi come me ama i look bonne mine, freschi e naturali. Oserei dire che si potrebbe usare anche come blush ma non ci metto la mano sul fuoco.

Ho già parlato del MAC RiRi Hearts Powder Blush in Bad Girl Gone Good (€25.21) nel mio ultimo post wishlist e naturalmente sono corsa a comprarlo prima che sparisse dagli scaffali. E' persino più bello di quanto mi aspettassi, nonostante in cialda dica ben poco. Il packaging è tremendo ma il prodotto vale un po' di ribrezzo: è un pesca ramato che dona alle guance una lumonosità incredibile, di quelle che sembrano venire da dentro. E' un'edizione limitata per cui se volete dargli un'occhiata vi conviene affrettarvi.

Infine ho fatto back-2-MAC - non è magnifico portarsi a casa un rossetto gratis? -, scambiando 6 vuoti per un rossetto che è stato in wishlist per tantissimo tempo. MAC Plumful (€18.65) è un rosa medio con sottotoni prugna, il colore delle labbra dopo aver mangiato una manciata di more. Anche se il finish è semi-trasparente, il colore è intenso; la durata non è eccelsa - e d'altronde da una formula così lucida ed idratante non ci si aspetta molto in questo senso -, ma svanisce in modo uniforme. Plumful potrebbe essere il colore giusto per avvicinarsi al trend delle labbra color bacca senza esporsi troppo, ma è anche una tonalità deliziosa per tutti i giorni ed adatta a diversi incarnati.

Avete provato qualcuno di questi prodotti?
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment