Wednesday, January 4, 2012

December favorites

December was a very busy month, with the Christmas gift quest and all the makeup trials for the NYE look, consequently I wasn’t very consistent with makeup products, aside for these 5 here.

Chanel Pro Lumiere+Lift Lumiere foundations

A new lucky combination. I didn’t think it was possible, but this winter I grew even paler than usual and even shade #10 looked a little too dark on me, so I started mixing it with my Lift Lumiere in shade #05, definitely too fair for me but perfect to keep in the kit for mixing. The result is a slightly lighter coverage and a little lift – thanks to the luminosity - that is always welcomed in winter.

The Body shop Spice Vanilla hand cream

My favorite of the Christmas scents - full review here -. I’m usually quite lazy when it comes to hand creams and lip balms, I just put them on when I remember, stage where is too late to prevent and everything is cracking and bleeding. Last month though I started keeping the hand cream on the table near my laptop and I ended up using it every time I refilled my drink.
I only wish I stocked up more than a couple of tubes, ‘cause now it’s sold out on the website.

INGLOT greys/purples palette

The search for the perfect NYE look made me play a lot with my neglected Inglot palettes and I fell in love all over again: amazing pigmentation and lovely texture, and also cheap enough to allow me to build quite a collection in short time. Around the 27th I was booked for a last minute makeover and, since the request was a grey smoky eye for NYE, I ended up playing with this palette a lot during my trials. I’m more of a warm-tones girl but these shades are brilliant – the client was drooled all over them during the whole thing too -.

Parlèz-moi d’amour by John Galliano

Even in winter I prefer light fragrances, like Miss Dior Chèrie or Chanel Chance. This one is my latest purchase, and it’s probably the heavier, more wintery of the light scents I own, if that makes any sense. I’m the worse at describing scents, so I won’t even go there, but to me smells like the perfect balance of sweet, flowers and fruits. Totally recommended if you like fresh, elegant fragrances.

What products got your love in December? Any perfume recommendation?

***

Dicembre è stato un mese piuttosto pieno, con la ricerca dei regali e gli esperimenti per il look di Capodanno, di conseguenza non sono stata costante nella scelta dei prodotti, ma questi 5 sono stati senza dubbio i più ricorrenti.

Chanel Pro Lumiere+Lift Lumiere foundations

Un’altra combinazione fortunata. Non credevo fosse possibile, ma quest’inverno sono addirittura più pallida del solito e persino la tonalità #10 sembra troppo scura, perciò ho cominciato a mischiarla con la #05 del Lift Lumiere, decisamente troppo chiara per me, ma che tengo nel kit per modificare le tonalità. Il risultato è una coprenza lievemente alleggerita e un ulteriore effetto push up, grazie alla luminosità addizionale del Lift Lumiere, che in inverno fa sempre bene.

The Body shop Spice Vanilla hand cream

La mia profumazione preferita dell’edizione natalizia - recensione qui -. Di solito sono piuttosto pigra per quanto concerne creme mani e burro cacao, mi ricordo di metterli solo quando ormai è troppo tardi per prevenire e il danno è fatto. Il mese scorso ho cominciato a portarmi dietro questa crema ovunque e a tenerla vicino al computer, ricordandomi di applicarla ogni volta che riempivo il bicchiere d’acqua - che mi tengo vicino per lo stesso motivo -. Vorrei solo averne fatto scorta prima che andasse esaurito sul sito.

INGLOT greys/purples palette

La ricerca per il look perfetto per il Veglione mi ha portata a giocare con le mie palette Inglot, che non hanno ricevuto abbastanza amore di recente, e ad innamorarmi di nuovo: pigmentazione strepitosa e texture fantastica, e abbastanza economici da permettermi di collezionarne un bel po’ in poco tempo. Intorno al 27 una cliente mi ha prenotata all’ultimo minuto per un makeover, e visto che la richiesta era uno smoky eye sui toni del grigio per Capodanno, ho sperimentato parecchio con questi colori. Sono più una ragazza da toni caldi, ma questi tonalità sono strabilianti – persino la mia cliente era impressionata.

Parlèz-moi d’amour by John Galliano

Anche in inverno preferisco profumi leggeri, come Miss Dior Chèrie o Chanel Chance. Questo è il mio acquisto più recente ed è probabilmente la fragranza più invernale tra le non-propriamente-invernali che posseggo, se ha senso. Sono pessima a descrivere i profumi, quindi non ci proverò neppure, ma mi sembra il perfetto equilibrio tra dolce, fruttato e floreale. Raccomandato se vi piacciono i profumi freschi ma eleganti.

Quali sono i vostri prodotti preferiti di Dicembre? Qualche raccomandazione nel reparto profumi?

0 comments:

Post a Comment