Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year resolution

In terms of NY resolutions, I don’t have a big history of fulfilled promises. I tend to behave for a while, but at some point the resolution is well and forgotten and I’m back to my usual self.
This year I’m well determined to be good and I thought about sharing my resolutions here, in the hope of keeping them a little longer than usual since this time I have witnesses.
This past year I’ve been very, very naughty in the shopping department, accumulating a lot of stuff. And that’s my first resolution: I want to learn to say no, resist and not to buy things on an impulse just because they look very pretty. And the second: I want to become more consistent and use up some of the things I bought and forgot in my drawers.
 

And third: I’ll allow myself to buy only 5 nail polishes and 5 lip glosses in the whole year. This is going to be the hardest, I think. My nail polishes box is getting a little out of hand – I’m to ashamed to count all the bottles that I own, I’m afraid, but just take a look – and tomorrow Mr. Postman will deliver my pre-Christmas ASOS order and 7 new nail varnishes with it. The lip glosses situation is not as bad, but I better use up some before they go bad, especially the MAC ones.
I’ll skip the usual ‘study harder’ resolution because I’m too humoral and it’s simply not going to happen, and I’ll keep the details for my world domination project to myself, because of obvious reasons.
Happy New Year! I just hope 2012 is not going to be half as bad as we expect.
 

What are your New Year resolutions?

***

In termini di propositi per il nuovo anno, non ho una gran storia di promesse mantenute alle spalle. Tendo a comportarmi bene per un po’, poi gli obiettivi sono belli che dimenticati e ritorno ad essere la solita me.
Quest’anno, però, sono determinata a riuscire ed ho pensato di condividere i miei propositi qui, nella speranza di dimostrarmi più perseverante, visto che ora ho dei testimoni.
Nell’ultimo anno sono stata molto, molto cattiva nel reparto acquisti, accumulando veramente tantissime cose. E da qui il mio primo proposito: voglio imparare a dire no, contenermi e non comprare qualcosa d’impulso solo perché carina. E il secondo: voglio lavorare sulla mia costanza e utilizzare un po’ dei miei acquisti con più regolarità.

E terzo: mi proibisco di comprare più di 5 smalti e 5 lip gloss nell’arco di tutto l’anno. Questo sarà la cosa più difficile, credo. La mia scatola degli smalti è ormai fuori controllo – non ho il coraggio di contare le bottiglie, temo, ma basta dare un’occhiata – e tra l’altro domani dovrei ricevere il mio ordine ASOS piazzato prima di Natale e con esso 7 nuovi smalti. La situazione con i lucidalabbra non è così drammatica, ma mi conviene usarne alcuni prima che vadano a male, soprattutto quelli di MAC.
Salterò a piè pari il solito ‘studierò di più’ perché sono troppo umorale e semplicemente non succederà, e terrò per me i dettagli del mio piano di dominazione, per ovvie ragioni.
Buon anno a tutti! Spero soltanto che il 2012 non sia tragico come predetto.

E quali sono i vostri propositi per l’anno nuovo?

0 comments:

Post a Comment