Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tag: If all my makeup disappeared…

…which 10 items would I choose to replace first?
Yesterday I was watching some random videos on YouTube – oh, the things I do instead of studying – and I found this – new, I think, since it’s the first time I see it - tag on Amarixe’s channel.
Let’s make things clear and admit right from the start that in real life there’d be no question of it: I’d probably die of a stroke if such a calamity may actually happen, but it’s for fun, right? Also, since the tag says makeup and not tools or beauty products, I take it as all my makeup brushes, lash curlers and skin care items survived the disaster, otherwise enough is enough and I’d rather jump in front of a running bus.
And that said, these are the products I’d buy straightaway:


NARS sheer glow foundation

Obviously. Favorite foundation of all time, goes with every thing and in every situation; makeup-wise, it’s my little black dress.


MAC studio finish concealer

Again, my favorite concealer for both eyes and blemishes. It’s creamy enough for my dry skin but doesn’t crease or move, even without setting powder.

NARS Deep throat blush
It’s gorgeous, goes with every look, it’s not too pink or too orange and looks quite natural on me. It’s the blush I reach for the most and it comes with me every time I travel.

Jemma Kidd all over radiance

One of the best finds of 2011 and couldn’t let go of it since then. It can also double as a cream eyeshadow, so bargain!

Laura Mercier Invisible loose setting powder

At first I thought about picking a contouring powder, since I use it every day – Rumour by Illamasqua -, but then I figured I could use one of the cool toned matte eyeshadows from the Sleek palette for that and I choose my current favorite setting powder, for foundation and concealer.

Urban Decay primer potionBest eyeshadow primer, hands down and, between you and me, can also be used on face and lips to improve the lasting power of lipstick and foundation.

MAC Fling eyebrow pencil

The last time I ran out of it and couldn’t find it in any MAC counter, I went through a little brow-drama, so I’m holding on tight on this pencil.

MUFE Aqua smoky lash mascara

My lashes point straight toward the floor; I tried many but this is the only mascara that has been able to hold the curl so far.

Estee Lauder Crystal baby lipstick

If I had to choose only one lipstick from my collection it would be this one. It was hard as hell to pick, but this is the most natural, has an amazing texture and goes with everything.

Sleek Au naturel palette

Before you even start, an eyeshadow palette is a single product, so I’m not strictly cheating. This is the closest thing to my custom MAC palette with natural shades and I can make do with only naturals. For a little while.

There you go! I tag everyone. I want to know what the products you’d rush to buy are.

***

Tag: Se tutto il mio makeup scomparisse…
…quali 10 prodotti rimpiazzerei per primi?

Ieri stavo guardando video su YT a caso – le cose che faccio invece di studiare – ed ho trovato questa – nuova, credo, visto che è la prima volta che la vedo – tag sul canale di
Amarixe.
Siamo onesti fin da subito e chiariamo che nella vita vera il problema non si porrebbe nemmeno: probabilmente mi verrebbe un colpo se una catastrofe del genere dovesse realmente accadere, ma è tanto per giocare, ok? Inoltre, dato che la tag dice makeup e non prodotti beauty o strumenti, parto dal presupposto che i miei pennelli, piegaciglia e prodotti skin care siano sopravvissuti al disastro, altrimenti al diavolo, preferirei saltare davanti ad un autobus in corsa piuttosto che scegliere solo 10 prodotti in generale.
Detto questo, ecco i prodotti che ricomprerei per primi:

NARS sheer glow foundation

Nessuna sorpresa. Il mio fondotinta preferito di sempre, adatto ad ogni occasione e look; è il tubino nero del mio beauty case.

MAC studio finish concealer

Di nuovo, il mio correttore preferito per occhiaie e imperfezioni. E’ abbastanza cremoso da non seccare, ma resta immobile anche senza polvere fissante.

NARS Deep throat blush

E’ stupendo, si abbina ad ogni look, non è troppo rosa o troppo arancio e su di me sembra molto natural. E’ il blush che uso di più e che porto con me ogni volta che viaggio.

Jemma Kidd all over radiance
Uno delle migliori scoperte del 2011 e tra i miei preferiti da allora. Può essere utilizzato anche come ombretto in crema, quindi doppio uso.

Urban Decay primer potion

Senza dubbio il miglior primer per ombretto, e, detto tra noi, può essere usato anche sulla zona T e sulle labbra per migliorare la durata di rossetto e fondotinta.

MAC Fling eyebrow pencil

L’ultima volta che sono rimasta senza, con tutti i counter a secco per due settimane, è stato un piccolo dramma, quindi me la tengo stretta.

MUFE Aqua smoky lash mascara
Le mie ciglia puntano dritte al pavimento; ho provato decine di mascara, ma questo è l’unico che si è dimostrato in grado di mantenere la piega per tutto il giorno. E’ il mio Santo Graal.

Estee Lauder Crystal baby lipstick

Se dovessi scegliere un solo rossetto nella mia collezione sarebbe questo. E’ stata una dura scelta, ma è il più naturale, ha una texture fantastica e va con tutto.

Sleek Au naturel palette

Prima che iniziate, una palette di ombretti è tecnicamente un singolo prodotto, per cui non sto strettamente imbrogliando. Questa palette è la cosa più simile a quella di ombretti MAC che ho creato e posso vivere di soli eyeshadows naturali. Per un po’.

Laura Mercier Invisible loose setting powder
All’inizio avevo pensato ad una polvere per il contouring, dato che la uso tutti i giorni – Rumour di Illamasqua -, ma poi ho pensato che in caso di emergenza potrei utilizzare uno degli ombretti mat a base fredda della palette Sleek ed ho scelto la mia polvere fissante preferita al momento, per fissare correttore e fondotinta.

Ecco. Consideratevi tutte taggate, voglio sapere quali sono i prodotti che correreste a ricomprare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment