Sunday, March 31, 2013

Notd: Illamasqua Fragile

Illamasqua Fragile nail varnish £14.50/€17.30
This nail polish is so pretty! I can't believe I thought I didn't need it in my life when it first came out.
Fragile is a pale dusty blue base packed with matte black glitters in different sizes and shapes. Illamasqua really outdid itself this time; this polish is a pure work of art: the base is on the right side of sheer and the glitters gradually float and sink between the different layers for an amazing depth. The density of the glitters is absolutely perfect, not too sparse and not too crowded. Pastel formulas can be hard to work with and streaky but Fragile applies heavenly and it's opaque in two coats.
Illamasqua varnishes are some of the longest lasting polishes out there: I can easily get up to 10 days of wear without chipping and this shade is no exception. They're not cheap polishes but both quality and uniqueness of the shade range are definitely worth the splurge.
Fragile is one of the five speckled polishes part of the I'mperfection Spring 2013 collection. I do believe it's a permanent shade but I wouldn't want to miss out on this one if I were you.
I can't stop staring at my nails! I really love Fragile and now I'm so tempted to purchase the other speckled shades. Send help!

I love the Robin's egg look; it's so unique and spring-ish. The perfect Easter bunny polish, don't you think?
Happy Easter everyone!

***

Guardate quant'è bello! Non posso credere di averlo liquidato con un 'non mi serve' quando è uscito.
Fragileè un azzurro polvere chiaro arricchito con tantissimi glitter opachi neri di diverse forme e misure. Illamasqua si è davvero superata questa volta; questo smalto è un'opera d'arte: la base lattiginosa è trasparente quanto basta per creare un effetto multidimensionale con i glitter che affondano e riemergono tra i diversi strati. I glitter non sono troppo affollati nè troppo sparsi, la densità è semplicemente perfetta. Di solito le formule pastello sono un incubo da applicare, perchè sono spesse e poco uniformi, ma Fragile è uno spettacolo da stendere ed è opaco in due passate.
Gli smalti Illamasqua sono probabilmente gli smalti più a lunga durata che mi sia capitato di provare: di norma riesco ad arrivare fino a 10 giorni senza sbeccature e questo non fa eccezione. Non sono smalti economici, però credo che la qualità e l'unicità delle tonalità giustifichino la spesa tranquillamente.
Fragile è uno dei 5 smalti 'lentigginosi' parte della collezione primaverlie I'mperfection. Credo che sia permanente, ma se fossi in voi non vorrei rischiare.
Giuro, non riesco a smettere di fissarmi le mani! Fragile mi piace davvero tanto ed ora sono tentatissima di recuperare gli altri 4 smalti della linea. Aiuto!

Adoro l'effetto uovo di rondine; è così unico e primaverile. Ed è il look perfetto per il coniglio pasquale, non vi pare?
Buona Pasqua!

0 comments:

Post a Comment