Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jack Black Intense therapy lip balm with Lemon spf25

Jack Black intense therapy lip balm with Lemon 7.25£/9.43€ available at Feelunique
You probably know by now how much I like to try current blogger obsessions to see if they're really worth the hype and the Jack Black lip balm is really popular in the beauty community. Actually popular doesn't even cover it: this is Kristine from Temptalia - the closest thing to a beauty prophet of the Lord - favorite balm and given the amount of lip swatches she does everyday has to be her favorite for a reason, right? So when Ale aka Dotted around told me it was available on Feelunique I had it in my cart in matter of seconds.

I picked the Lemon and chamomile one, but there's a mint scented one as well.
The tube is ok, I guess. It's suppose to be a balm for men and I imagine any kind of frill would be pointless. Mine came in a sturdy box but I hear the tube is now only shrink-wrapped and doesn't come with the ingredient list any more. I took a picture of the list so you can draw your own conclusions.
The smell is quite nice and delicate - reminds me of lemon meringue - and it lingers for a while.
The balm itself feels like vaseline or the Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream, although not so shiny. The texture is a little slippery and requires blotting if you want to use it under lipstick.
It softens the lips really quickly but I can't tell if they're also moisturized or if the balm just locked the moisture in, like vaseline does. It feels nice on the lips but I'm not sure it's being nice to them as well, if it does make any sense.

In short, I don't hate it but I didn't hear the angels sing either. No life-changing moment I'm afraid. It's a nice balm and I'll be keeping it in my bag for application on the go but I'm not crazy about it. Definitely it won't replace my beloved Nuxe Reve de miel balm.
Gosh, this is such an hyped up product I almost feel guilty saying I don't like it...
Have you tried it?

***

Ormai avrete capito che mi piace provare i prodotti che fanno impazzire le blogger per scoprire se il successo è meritato o meno ed il balsamo labbra Jack Black è uno dei più popolari nella beauty community. Molto più che popolare in realtà: è il balsamo preferito di Kristine di Temptalia - l'Uomo del Monte della cosmetica - e considerato il numero di prove rossetto che fa giornalmente deve essere il suo preferito per un motivo, no? Quindi, quando Ale di Dotted around mi ha detto che è disponibile su Feelunique, è finito nel carrello nel giro di pochi secondi.

Ho scelto quello al limone e camomilla, ma è disponibile anche aromatizzato alla menta.
Il tubetto è piuttosto semplice. Immagino che essendo un prodotto per uomini, il packaging non richiedesse troppi fronzoli. Il mio era contenuto in una scatola, ma ho sentito che adesso viene venduto con un semplice imballaggio di pellicola trasparente e di conseguenza senza la lista degli ingredienti. L'ho fotografata così che possiate tirare le vostre conclusioni.
La profumazione è piacevole e delicata - mi ricorda la meringata al limone - ed è abbastanza persistente.
Il balsamo in sè sembra vaselina oppure l'Eight hour cream di Elizabeth Arden, anche se non così lucido. La texture è un po' oleosa, quindi deve essere rimosso quasi completamente prima di applicare il rossetto.
Ammorbidisce le labbra in pochi secondi, ma non riesco a capire se le idrata anche o se semplicemente blocca l'acqua all'interno come fa la vaselina. Sul momento funziona, ma non credo che abbia benefici a lungo termine.

Per farla breve, non lo detesto ma non ho neppure sentito gli angeli cantare. Nessuna svolta esistenziale, temo. Fa il suo sporco lavoro e lo terrò in borsa per eventuali ritocchi, ma non mi fa impazzire. Di certo non rimpiazzerà il mio adorato Nuxe Reve de miel.
Mi sento quasi un po' in imbarazzo a dire che non mi piace visto il successo di questo balsamo nella comunità beauty...
Lo avete provato?

0 comments:

Post a Comment