Friday, October 12, 2012

Notd: butter LONDON Dosh

butter London Dosh $14/£12/€15 2 coats available at Zuneta
Soooo, another Notd. It looks like I can only do these kind of posts recently, sorry, but I've been a busy bee during the last weeks, and while I tested many products, I didn't really have the time to sit and write down a decent post. I'll go back to the usual variety in the next days, pinky promise. Now back to business.

Given the name you would expect a dollar green, instead butter LONDON Dosh is a bright yellow based apple green with gold and green shimmer. 
The texture is gorgeous: the shimmer is so finely milled it applies like a cream finish. It was opaque in two coats and lasted 7 days on my nails, with a coat of Sally Hansen nail growth miracle as a base and a tin layer of Seche top coat. To be honest I didn't want to apply a top coat at first, cause Dosh dries to a lovely satinized effect, not quite matte but definitely not glossy. It's quite a unique shade, unlike anything I own.

I went a little nail polish crazy recently, so I won't buy any for a while - if I had a penny for everytime I said it... let's be honest, I'd probably have a penny now cause I'm that bad at saving money - but in the future I plan to buy the well-known Yummy mummy and the most recent UK blogger obsession, Bossy boots, which isn't really a fall-appropriate shade but you know I can't resist to greens. Are there any other butter LONDON must have shades I should add to my wishlist?

So, yay or nay for green nail polishes?

***

Lo so. Un altro post su uno smalto. Ultimamente sembra che non riesca a scrivere altri post, mi dispiace. Nelle ultime settimane sono stata molto impegnata, e anche se ho testato diversi prodotti di cui vorrei parlarvi, non ho avuto molto tempo per sedermi e scrivere un post decente. Tornerò presto alla solita varietà, promesso, ma basta perdere tempo.

Visto il nome ci si aspetterebbe un color dollaro, invece Dosh è un verde mela brillante a base gialla con shimmer verde e dorato.
La texture è strepitosa: l'iridescenza è così fine che si applica come uno smalto dal finish cremoso. E' opaco in due mani ed è durato 7 giorni con solo uno strato di Sally Hansen nail growth miracle come base ed una mano sottile di top coat Seche. Ad essere onesti all'inizio non volevo applicare il top coat lucidante, perchè una volta asciutto Dosh ha un bellissimo finish satinato, non proprio opaco ma decisamente non glossy. E' una tonalità unica ed originale, non ho niente di simile nella mia collezione.

Recentemente, complice tra l'altro l'Intercharm e per buona pace del mio shopping ban, ho acquistato una marea di smalti, ma non ho intenzione di comprarne altri per un bel po' di tempo - se avessi 1€ per ogni volta che l'ho detto... siamo onesti, probabilmente avrei 1€ euro perchè sono terribile a risparmiare - ma in futuro vorrei acquistare il famoso Yummy mummy e la più recente ossessione delle blogger inglesi, Bossy boots, che non è esattamente un colore autunnale, ma non posso resistere ai verdi.
Ci sono altri smalti butter LONDON che dovrei aggiungere alla mia wishlist secondo voi?

Quindi, si o no agli smalti verdi?

0 comments:

Post a Comment