Thursday, January 3, 2013

December favorites

I couldn't think of a better way to begin with my New Year resolutions... After a little hiatus, my monthly favorites are finally back!


ANTIPODES Avocado pear nourishing night cream
Hands down the best night cream I've ever tried. Buttery and deeply nourishing, but absolutely not greasy even if contains pure avocado oil. The smell is gorgeous and so soothing, perfect for night time. I could write poems and songs about this product. Definitely my number one favorite this month!

ANTIPODES Kiwi seed oil eye cream
I pined over this eye cream in my previous skincare wishlist post and I really couldn't wait to try it. It's perfect for the colder months because is rich but the formula it's very light weight and comfortable to wear as well, even under makeup. It's also really good for the skin thanks to its natural ingredients. I think I got it bad for the New Zealander organic brand.

NARS Sheer glow foundation
My all time favorite foundation. When the weather gets colder I find myself reaching for it more often than not. I like to apply it with my fingers for a natural finish or with a buffing brush if I want to go full coverage for a night out or just a bad skin day, when I don't want to bother with concealer.

OPI Skyfall nail polish
Such an elegant and timeless shade and definitely a fall/winter staple. It's a dark red with a hint of brick brown. The formula is amazing, opaque in just to coats and quite long lasting. I was surprise to see that there's nothing quite like it in my collection. The brown hues make it quite unique.

ARMANI Eyes to kill eyeshadow quartet 04 Effeto nudo
(Full review here.) During the Holiday season I'm partial to red lipsticks. I still like a nice defined eye makeup tho, but not too in-your-face so it doesn't compete with the bold lips. Effeto nudo has been my go-to palette for the whole month; it's so easy to use and the lovely creamy texture totally rocks my socks off every.single.time.

OCC Lip tar Super NSFW 
An impulse buy for the Holidays. Super NSFW is a gorgeous slightly blue-ish red with metallic gold hues. Somehow, despite the metallic finish, is not too over the top and I think I'll be able to wear it a lot, even after the end of the Holidays season. The formula is crazy: insanely pigmented, long lasting, fully opaque in one coat. Simply stunning. I need to put my hands on more shades ASAP.

OCC Skin concealer
One of the best concealers I've ever tried. Almost full coverage but with the most natural finish and quite long lasting, even if I still need to set it under my eyes. Beautiful, beautiful texture. A more in depth review will be coming soon.

What were your favorites last month?

***

Non potevo trovare un modo migliore per mantenere i miei propositi del nuovo anno... Dopo una piccola pausa di qualche mese i miei prodotti preferiti sono tornati!

ANTIPODES Avocado pear nourishing night cream
Senza dubbio la migliore crema notte di sempre. Burrosa ed incredibilmente idratante ma non unta, nonostante la presenza di molti oli tra cui quello di avocado. La profumazione è favolosa e così calmante, perfetta per conciliare il sonno. Potrei scrivere sonetti e canzoni su questo prodotto. Decisamente il mio preferito tra i preferiti del mese!

ANTIPODES Kiwi seed oil eye cream
Ho ricamato su questa crema occhi nel mio post sulla mia wishlist di prodotti skincare e l'ho acquistata alla prima occasione. E' perfetta per i mesi più freddi perchè è molto ricca, ma la formula è comunque leggera e si può utilizzare tranquillamente anche sotto al trucco. Si sente che è nutriente, grazie soprattutto agli ingredienti completamente naturali. Insomma, mi sono presa una bella cotta per il marchio naturale Neo Zelandese. Vorrei provare tutto!

NARS Sheer glow foundation
Il mio fondotinta preferito di sempre. Non appena le giornate si sono raffreddate l'ho rispolverato e l'ho utilizzato quasi tutti i giorni del mese. Mi piace applicarlo con le dita per un effetto naturale oppure con un pennello denso se ho bisogno di una base a coprenza totale per una serata importante o quando la mia pelle sta avendo una giornata no e non ho voglia di fare troppa fatica con il correttore.

OPI Skyfall nail polish
Un colore elegante e senza tempo e decisamente perfetto per la stagione autunno/inverno. E' un rosso scuro con una punta di mattone. La formula è incredibile, opaca in 2 passate e di ottima durata. Con mia grande sorpresa non ho trovato niente di simile all'interno della mia collezione. Quel tocco di marrone lo rende uno smalto unico.

ARMANI Eyes to kill eyeshadow quartet 04 Effeto nudo
(Recensione completa qui.) Durante il periodo natalizio ed in inverno in generale tendo ad indossare rossetti dai colori forti ed in particolare i rossi. Mi piace comunque accoppiarli ad un trucco occhi ricco e definito, anche se non troppo esagerato così che non competa con un trucco labbra importante. Per questo ho utilizzato Effeto nudo per quasi tutto il mese di dicembre: i colori sono così facili da utilizzare e la texture cremosa delle polveri mi colpisce al cuore ogni.singola.volta.

OCC Lip tar Super NSFW 
Un acquisto d'impulso per le Feste. Super NSFW è un bellissimo rosso con una lieve base blu ed una tinta dorata ad effetto metallizzato. In qualche modo, nonostante il finish metallico, non è affatto esagerato e credo che riuscirò ad indossarlo anche nella vita di tutti i giorni con qualche accortezza. La formula è da far girare la testa: follemente pigmentata, a lunga durata e coprente in una sola passata. Semplicemente favoloso. Devo mettere le mani su altri colori al più presto.

OCC Skin concealer
Uno dei correttori migliori che abbia mai provato. La coprenza è quasi totale ma il finish è assolutamente naturale. La durata è ottima, anche se serve comunque della polvere fissante perchè non si accumuli nelle pieghette intorno agli occhi. Una texture davvero fantastica. Presto una review più approfondita.

Quali sono i vostri preferiti per il mese di Dicembre?

0 comments:

Post a Comment