Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013 & New Year resolutions

Happy new year everyone! I hope you had a lovely night.

Picture from google images
As 2013 is finally here it's time to draw conclusions about last year and think of new achievements for the future. Last year I gave myself three beauty goals and I'm glad to say I managed to fulfill 2 and 1/2 of them: I became more responsible with my purchases, I tried to go through my stash more often than before and I only bought 4 lip glosses out of the 5 I allowed myself to pick. Unfortunately it didn't go that well in the nail polish department but I'm satisfied with what I've done anyways. I took some time to think about my new goals and this is what I came out with:

Blog organization
I need to become more organized and start planning my posts in advance. In 2012 I got into the bad habit of procrastinating and missing some posts that I really wanted to write because I didn't have the time to take decent pictures or I simply forgot about them at some point. I'd also wanted to do a blog-every-day-of-the-month kinda thing for a while now and I don't want to delay the project anymore.
  
Do fotd and makeup look posts
Dad got me an amazing camera for Christmas and now I can finally work on my photographic skills taking better pictures of swatches and nail arts and hopefully decent photos of my makeup looks since some of you requested them. I just need to figure out the best setting/lighting to do so.

Stick to the gloss ban and limit myself in the nail polish department
Since it worked out so well I want to keep up with my lipgloss ban; at the end of the day I'm more of a lipstick girl and I end up buying glosses simply because they look pretty in the tube. I also need to buy nail polish with moderation. I figured that I can't pre-establish a definite number of varnishes I can purchase but I can at least try not to buy everything that looks nice on an impulse without thinking that maybe I already own something similar.

Figure out a better more user friendly makeup organization system
My makeup collection takes up a lot of space and instead of simply putting stuff where it fits I want to figure out a nice storage system, maybe investing in some good quality furniture.

Any advice?
Best of luck with your resolutions!

***

Buon anno a tutte! Spero abbiate passato una magnifica serata.

Visto che il 2013 è finalmente arrivato è ora di tirare le somme e pensare ai propositi per il nuovo anno. L'anno scorso mi sono data 3 obiettivi e sono contenta di poter dire che ne ho portati a buon fine 2 e mezzo: sono stata più responsabile negli acquisti, ho frugato nella mia collezione più spesso per riscoprire prodotti dimenticati ed ho acquistato solo 4 dei 5 lip gloss che mi ero concessa di acquistare. Sfortunatamente non sono stata altrettanto brava con gli smalti ma posso comunque dirmi soddisfatta. Ho pensato un po' a cosa fare quest'anno e questi sono i propositi che mi sono venuti in mente:

Organizzazione del blog
Devo abituarmi ad organizzare i post e programmarli in anticipo. L'anno scorso ho preso la brutta abitudine di rimandare finendo poi con il dimenticarmi di alcuni post che avevo in mente di scrivere o trovandomi nella condizioni di saltare i preferiti del mese perchè non riuscivo a scattare foto decenti, vuoi per l'ora tarda vuoi per il brutto tempo. tra l'altro è da un po' che vorrei partecipare al progetto 'un post al giorno per un mese' e non voglio più rimandare.
  
Fare post sui miei makeup look
Papà mi ha regalato una bella fotocamera per Natale e vorrei iniziare a lavorare sulle mie (attualmente appena decenti) abilità di fotografa per fotografare meglio swatches e nail art ed, incrociando le dita, anche il mio makeup del giorno visto che alcune di voi mi hanno richiesto questo tipo di post. Devo solo capire come, dove e con che luce fotografarmi.

Continuare con il divieto di acquisto gloss ed imparare a limitarmi con gli smalti
Visto che l'anno scorso ha funzionato così bene, voglio continuare con il divieto di acquistare lucidalabbra; alla fine della fiera preferisco di gran lunga i rossetti ed ho la tendenza a comprare gloss sono perchè sono belli nel tubetto. Devo inoltre moderarmi nell'acquisto degli smalti. Dato che non posso prestabilire un numero massimo di smalti da comprare, posso almeno imparare a non acquistare d'impulso ed a prendermi un secondo per pensare se possiedo già qualcosa di simile nella mia collezione. E questo non vale solo per gli smalti.

Studiare un sistema per organizzare il mio makeup al meglio
La mia collezione è in continua crescita, ed invece di mettere le cose dove c'è posto come faccio adesso, vorrei riuscire a studiare un sistema per organizzare il tutto, magari investendo in un mobile ikea o qualcosa del genere.

Qualche dritta?
Buona fortuna con i vostri obiettivi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment