Friday, February 3, 2012

Tag: 7 Deadly beauty sins

A couple of days ago I stumbled on another fun tag on ttsandra’s YT channel.
At first I thought it was the usual unforgivable makeup crimes thing, but this one is better and fairly new, I think. As usual I tag everyone, because I’m awfully nosy.

GREED - WHAT IS YOUR MOST INEXPENSIVE BEAUTY PRODUCT? WHAT IS YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE?

The cheapest product I own is this little ELF eyeshadow palette – 1£ in Butternut -. Shades and color payoff are pretty good and it’s the right size to keep in the makeup bag I carry with me in my purse in case I need to put my makeup on the go or for emergency.
I was rummaging in my kit for the most expensive product and I realized it’s my everyday MAC eyeshadow palette: 26 eyeshadows, 11€ each, plus the palette itself. Whoa.

WRATH - WHAT BEAUTY PRODUCTS DO YOU HAVE A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH? WHAT HAS BEEN HARDEST TO FIND?

I have to say glitter nail polishes: so pretty in the bottle, pure nightmare to take off; but I keep buying them even if I don’t use them that often, ‘cause some are just gorgeous.
The hardest to find was definitely my Bobbi Brown University palette. I fell in love with it at first sight and decided I had to have it in my kit. I tried to put my hands on the old one but the prices on eBay were pure madness. Then finally Bobbi re-promoted this jewel after reformulating her concealers and I had my chance. After struggling a little with a lot of not-very-useful customer services I finally found a mail forwarding service in the UK and grabbed mine.

GLUTTONY - WHAT ARE YOUR MOST DELICIOUS BEAUTY PRODUCTS?

I’ll have to agree with everyone and say YSL lip products: they smell heavenly, especially the glosses, and the smell – that, I think, is very similar to Parisienne – is rather persistent, as it lingers on the lip for quite a long time. LUSH masks are delicious too, but I don’t own any at the moment.

SLOTH - WHAT BEAUTY PRODUCT DO YOU NEGLECT DUE TO LAZINESS?

Definitely body moisturizer, but I’m doing my best to be a good girl this year and I’m trying to use regularly my The Body Shop body butters - I went kinda crazy during the sales, so I have to use them now -.

PRIDE - WHAT BEAUTY PRODUCT GIVES YOU MORE CONFIDENCE?

Makeup in general gives me confidence, but false lashes make a lot of difference: having fair and straight lashes, a handful of individuals or a pair of accent falsies makes all the difference in the world and makes my eyes look prettier and bigger instantly.

LUST - WHAT BEAUTY HABIT OR PRODUCT IS AN INSTANT SEX-APPEAL HIT FOR YOU?

Grooming. I like a clean, shaved man that takes care of himself and his appearing, but in a virile way. That’s probably one of the reasons why I lust after uniforms so much. Oh, the Marines.


ENVY - WHAT IS THE BEAUTY PRODUCT YOU'D LIKE TO AFFORD ONE DAY?

Thanks to the lovely Jess from Ohhpretty.com for letting me borrow her picture.

At first I was torn between Crème de la Mer moisturizing cream and the whole Chanel skincare line - they’re both so luxurious and awfully expensive -, but then I thought about SUQQU and their brushes: the powder brush alone is 168£. I can’t even imagine how soft they must be; I particularly drool on the face brush, cheek brush and eyeshadow brushes L/M/F.
Stunning.

Be sure to live a link to your post in the comment section or just confess your sins to me.

***

Un paio di giorni fa ho scovato un’altra tag sul canale ttsandra su YouTube. All’inizio ho pensato si trattasse della solita, vecchissima tag sui crimini beauty, ma questa è molto meglio e decisamente più recente.
Come sempre siete tutte taggate perché sono un’impicciona.

CUPIDIGIA – QUAL E’ IL PRODOTTO PIU’ ECONOMICO CHE POSSIEDI? QUALE IL PIÙ COSTOSO?

Il prodotto più economico che possiedo è senz’altro questa palettina ELF – costa €1,71 e il colore è Butternut -. Tonalità e pigmentazione sono ottime per il prezzo, e le dimensioni sono ridottissime, quindi è il prodotto perfetto da tenere in borsa per truccarsi on-the-go o per un’emergenza. Mentre frugavo nel mio kit in cerca del prodotto più costoso ho realizzato che si tratta della mia pellette MAC preferita: 26 ombretti, 11€ l’uno più la palette. Whoa.

IRA – QUAL E’ IL PRODOTTO CON CUI HAI UNA RAPPORTO DI AMORE/ODIO? QUAL È STATO QUELLO PIU’ DIFFICILE DA TROVARE?

Devo scegliere gli smalti glitter: graziosissimi in bottiglia, ma un incubo da togliere; ma è impossibile smettere di comprarli, sono stupendi.
Il più difficile da trovare è stato senz’altro l’University palette di Bobbi Brown. Me ne sono innamorata a prima vista ed ho deciso di includerla nel mio kit. Ho cercato di comprare la prima versione su ebay ma i prezzi erano pura follia; poi finalmente Bobbi ha riproposto la palette con una nuova formulazione per i correttori ed ho preso al volo l’occasione. Dopo aver fatto a pugni con quelche servizio clienti non proprio disponibile, ho trovato un servizio inoltra-posta in Inghilterra ed ho messo le mani sulla mia.

GOLA – QUALI SONO I PRODOTTI PIÙ DELIZIOSI CHE POSSIEDI?

Mi accodo alle altre nel dire che i prodotti YSL hanno un profumo fantastico, soprattutto rossetti e gloss, e la profumazione – che credo sia molto simile a Parisienne – è piuttosto persistente, e si può sentire anche dopo alcune ore. Anche le maschere di LUSH sono da acquolina in bocca, ma al momento non ne ho nessuna.

ACCIDIA – QUALE PRODOTTO TI DIMENTICHI DI UTILIZZARE PER PIGRIZIA?

Decisamente l’idratante per il corpo, ma sto cercando di fare la brava quest’anno e sto provando ad usare i burri del Body Shop con regolarità – ho un po’ esagerato durante i saldi, quindi adesso devo usarli.

ORGOGLIO – QUALE PRODOTTO TI RENDE PIU’ SICURA DI TE?

Il makeup in generale mi rende più sicura, ma le ciglia finte fanno la differenza: avendo ciglia bionde e drittissime, una manciata di individuali o di mezze ciglia ha un effetto drammatico e rende i miei occhi più grandi e più belli all’istante.

LUSSURIA – QUALE ABITUDINE O PRODOTTO TROVI PIU’ ATTRAENTE NELL’ALTRO SESSO?
L’ordine. Mi piace un uomo pulito e rasato, che si prende cura di sè stesso, ma comunque in un modo virile. Questo è probabilmente uno dei motivi per cui mi piacciono così tanto gli uomini in uniforme. Oh, i Marines.

INVIDIA – QUAL E’ IL PRODOTTO CHE VORRESTI POTERTI PERMETTERE UN GIORNO?

All’inizio era in dubbio tra la crema idratante Crème de la Mer e l’intera linea di skincare di Chanel – sono entrambi lussuosi e incredibilmente costosi -, ma poi ho pensato a SUQQU e i loro pennelli: il pennello per il viso da solo costa 168£/200€. Non oso immaginare quanto siano morbidi; in particolare vado matta per il pennello viso, quello per il blush e i 3 pennelli occhi L/M/F.

Ricordatevi di lasciare il link al vostro post nella sezione commenti oppure confessate i vostri peccati direttamente.

Inserisci link

0 comments:

Post a Comment